Friday, January 20, 2017

Julio Fine Arts Gallery


     Tonight I attended the event at the Julio Fine Arts Gallery. I saw many different types of art work. Some included pictures of tattoos, paintings, and self-portraits. Out of all the incredible art work in the gallery, this piece caught my eye. Each picture is an image of a body part. At first I didn't notice what these images were. Because they are all different colors, it was not my first idea that these individual pictures were actually different body parts. My initial reaction was that it was a representation of the solar system, and that all of the images were pictures of different planets.
     This art work was laid out on the floor, and only a little bit was placed on the wall. I found that this placement was interesting. It stuck out to each person who was at the gallery because it took up so much space. The images were placed in an interesting way, it almost looks like a spiral and it's very pleasing to the eye. Not only were the images placed on the ground, but some of them were flat while other images were popping out of the ground.

1 comment:

  1. I was pretty captured by this piece as well, and I really dig the idea of having all those different body parts in place of planets

    ReplyDelete